- Mid-Winter Challenge Meet-up (Feb. 10 at 3:15 pm): Come join folks as they get out on the Prospect Hill training Courses in Waltham, MA. You can walk, jog, or train for an upcoming elite competition. The point is to have folks in the woods at the same time (safety, camaraderie, or map de-briefing, you get the picture).
There will be a "Mappy Hour" (anyone who wants to join for food and/or a beverage is welcome) at the CRAFT Food Hall. The venue is located in the parking lot. It is an all-age friendly location (come and go as you please).
- 3:15 - 5:00 meet-up at 200 5th Avenue Waltham, MA. Training Start location shown in map below.
- 4:45 or whenever - CRAFT Food Hall
In order to access the Winter Challenge Maps, you need to sign-up to be a NEOC member for 2024. Questions: Nils Peters (
- Membership Renewal: Join/Renew your NEOC membership for 2024. We have some exciting plans for 2024 and we look forward to you joining us!
- Mid- Winter Challenge: The 2024 Winter Challenge is open to current NEOC members. Details are included in the confirmation email sent when you join/renew for 2024. Courses have been designed at five locations around Massachusetts.Set yourself a challenge and reach one of these challenge levels:
- 1 to 3 courses: Who said you couldn't orienteer in New England in the winter? Congrats for getting into the woods and strengthening the synapses in your brain!
- 4 to 5 courses: You will roll into the spring O-season ready to show off your navigation skills. You have mastered the Winter O-challenge and will be listed as a Winter O-challenge Master on the website (and contacted to help volunteer in the spring).
If you have any questions about the winter challenge, send them to