NEOC: DCR Houghton's Pond Score-O and Picnic (Milton, MA)
Sunday, June 18, 2023
Blue Hills West (Houghton's Pond)
10:00 am - 10:30 am: Registration
10:30 am: Mass Start. Score-O runners have an hour to finish the course. Controls will be on or near trails. Competitors will have an hour to get as many controls as they can. Each control is worth 1 point. 1 point will be subtracted for each minute exceeding an hour.
White course runners can start anytime from 10:30 - 11:00 am.
11: 45 AM Meeting & Picnic. Bring a picnic lunch and stay around to chat and find out about NEOC's upcoming activities, finances, and more. We will have board members discuss fall schedule (fall series and NRE plans), next gear order, finances, and more. Bring your ideas and votes for board members.
Start/Finish and Parking Fees
- Registration: Near Houghton's Pond Picnic Area 5
- Parking: In lot near Houghton's Pond Picnic Area 5 or in main parking area.
- Members Orienteer Free
- Non-members:$10 adult, $5 juniors (7-21 yrs), < 7 free. Family max of $25.
- Groups: Fee: $20 plus $2 per person. See group information below.
- Parking Fees:Free at this event.
- SI rental ($10) or purchase ($15) available at registration.
NEW! Payment at event registration table (Paypal, GooglePay, ApplePay, Venmo and credit card accepted).
On-site Registration and Payment
- Members with a club-registered SI timing device proceed to the computer table to select a course and register. No phone needed.NEW! Ifyour SI device is not registered, then register on-site with a smart phone or volunteer.
- Members who want to use QR code for timing: Go to registration table to scan registration QR code and to get a map.
- Non-members: Register and pay at registration table. You can use QR code timing (need smartphone), your own SI device, or rent or purchase SI device for timing. Bring a smart phone for registration & timing (if using QR codes). Volunteers can assist you with registering if you don't bring a smart phone.
Timing Device and Compass
- Time yourself by using a SI device or QR codes(with smartphone).
- Bring your own compass. If you forgot one, check at the registration desk.
- Volunteer with our great event crew: Link forthcoming.
- Bring a whistle with you on the course. Grab one from the event Registration table if you don’t have one.
- Scan the FINISH QR code (even if you didn’t find all the checkpoints or just decided to stop) or check in at the computer station so we know that you are off the course.
- Bring your own water to the event and carry it on the course, if needed.
- Groups must pre-register by Tuesday before the eventby contacting the meet director. Maps cannot be guaranteed for unregistered groups.
- Provide information on the anticipated number of participants and if you are bringing a bus or van to the event. Special parking requirements may be required by the venue.
- Loan of compasses and SI-devices are included with group rates.
- Group leaders should pick up maps at the registration table.
- All group participants need to sign awaiver either on-line at in-person registration or in advance).
See who's coming to this event from MeetUp.