- May 11: DCR Herter Park (Boston, MA): This will be the fourth event in the CSU/NEOC Greater Boston Area Spring Park-O Thursday Series (SPOTS). Registration is required. Series runs April 20 - June 8. You can join one or all of the events. Starts at 6:00 pm! Results here from Horn Pond.
- May 18: Jamaica Pond - Boston
- May 25: Menotomy Rocks - Arlington
- June 1: Historic Beaver Brook - Belmont/Waltham
- June 8: Pine Banks - Malden
- May 13: Training at Pearl Hill State Park: Sign up for Saturday training (youth through advanced). Advanced training will include 3 training options (control pick, corridor-O, and window-O). Training activities start at 10 am. 12:30 pm will be a BYO picnic lunch and discuss training courses. Camping available Friday and Saturday night.
- May 14 - 43rd Billygoat Event & Recreational Courses (Ashby, MA): Sign up for the 43rd Billygoat (~ 11 K) or Kid-goat (~6K) event. Registration closes May 11. There will also be recreational courses for white, yellow and orange. Pre-registration is not required for these courses (free to NEOC members). We can use a few extra hands to help at registration, at the food table and with control pick-up. Sign up here.
- May 21 Mary Cummings Park (Burlington, MA): Check out this compact-but-fun forest. White, yellow, orange, and brown courses will be offered. Sign up to help out here.
- May 28 Forest Park (Springfield, MA): This area is a great venue for park orienteering. The courses are all intermediate level, but there is plenty of route choice to challenge advanced orienteers. The map had recently been updated and is now lidar-based. Be prepared for some climbs into and out of reentrants!
Additional Local O- Happenings!
- May 13, May 20, June 3, June 10 - Intro to Orienteering (Lexington, MA) with Navigation Games. 4-week course where participants will take part in a set of progressive activities to develop orienteering and map reading skills.
- May 12 - Glow in the Dark Navigation Challenge (Lexington, MA) with Navigation Games: Teams of 2 - 6 find as many checkpoints as they can. Optional training available before the event.