We had a fantastic crowd at Rocky Woods last Sunday, with about 130 people enjoying the forest on a beautiful fall day. With good numbers of runners on all courses, the Fall Points Series is off to a great start. There were a few speed demons out there and others who just enjoyed their time in the woods with a navigation puzzle. Scores for the Fall Series are posted here.
Upcoming activities include:
- OUSA Masters Championship, Oct 8-9, hosted by NEOC at Bigelow Hollow State Park, Union, CT. You can still register. There are ~260 registrations right now. Volunteer sign-up is here. Let's make it a great event for everyone joining us for the national event. It will be fun!
- Recreational Courses at Bigelow Hollow (Oct 8 & 9): In addition to the national ranking event courses at Bigelow Hollow (Union, CT), members can run recreational courses (white/yellow/orange) for free. Although day-of registration is allowed (if a map is available), we'd prefer all participants pre-register. Members should use coupon code: 2022NEOCMember during check-out.
- NEOC 50th Dinner: At last check the dinner had over 90 people coming together to socialize and celebrate 50 years of orienteering in the region. Registration is still open.
- Bring-your-own-Map event in Stow, MA running Oct 7-17.
- UNO has a meet tomorrow, Oct. 1, at the Urban Forestry Center -- just 70 minutes north of Boston. Free for UNO members; $5 for members of another O-club.