Coming NEOC Events
The same courses as the Nov. 1 event, as a BYOM event without SI-timing.
Courses are closed Monday through Saturday while hunting is in progress.
White (2.0 km, 8 controls) – beginner: all controls on trails
Yellow (2.3 km, 10 c) – advanced beginner: all controls visible from trails
Orange (3.4 km, 11 c) – intermediate: some controls close to trails, some not
Brown (3.4 km, 10 c) – hard short: most controls off trails
Green (4.5 km, 13 c) – hard medium: most controls off trails
Red (5.4 km, 17 c) – hard long: most controls off trails
Blue (7.5 km, 20 c) – hard really long: most controls off trails
Download course maps.
Free for NEOC members, $5 meet fee for non-members.
- Use of masks and social distancing is required at all times.
- Do not touch the control flags or QR codes with bare hands.
- Please report any missing controls / QR codes or any other issues to the
- Dogs must be leashed.
Time Your Run
- SI-stick/e-punch available ONLY on November 1, from 10am-2pm -or-
- Time yourself (no splits will be captured) -or-
- Use your smartphone to scan a QR code at each control (requires data connection; may require an app that reads QR codes). Instructions will be posted at registration. [See this intro to QR-code orienteering.]
Record Your Time
- QR-code runners — Your time and splits were automatically recorded.
- Self-timed runners — Record your time for the final results.
- Use your Garmin GPS watch or smartphone to record the course using the Livelox app (link coming), then share it with other users (full documentation on uploading routes is here). Alternatively, you can use Routegadget to show your route after you complete the course.
- Current self-timed results
- Current QR-code & SI-timed results [SI timing was available only on Nov. 1.]
Final, consolidated results (self-timed, SI-times, & QR-code) will be posted soon after this event ends.
The entrance to Rocky Woods is on the west side of Hartford St., about 1/2 mile north of Main St. (Rt. 109).
Note: There is a $6 per car parking fee for visitors who are not members of The Trustees. Please pay for parking at the kiosks in the parking lot (credit cards only, Visa or MasterCard), and place receipt on your dashboard.