NEOC: DCR Nickerson State Park, Cape Cod - BYOM
From Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 10:00am
To Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 05:00pm
Nickerson State Park
White, Yellow, Orange, Green, Red
GetEmAll (32 controls, any order)
This event marks the return of NEOC to Nickerson State Park after many years. We have prepared courses using the most runnable areas. Please read the course notes for more information.
Updated map of Nickerson (Thanks to Barb & Rob!). Great excuse to go to Cape Cod.
Nickerson State Park, 3488 Main Street, Brewster, MA. Park (download park map
) in Area 6-X campground at the southern end of the park. The park entrance is at the northern end of the park.
Campgrounds 6 and 6X are closed to vehicle traffic. Park in the lot just beyond (east) of the entrance to campgrounds 6 and 6X. It is a 500m walk to the pavilion where we have the Start and Finish. There is no fee for parking (after October 30).
Parking coordinates: 41.75097917234609, -70.01455718727685
Start/Finish coordinates: 41.75152160441938, -70.02027920107491
Extended through Nov. 27, 3:00 PM.
In-person training: Join us on Saturday, November 12 at the park! We will have beginner training at 10:00, 10:45, 11:15, and 12:00, followed by the chance to do a White course. Read the information on this page if you plan to come on November 12.
Experienced orienteers can follow the usual BYOM procedure to run the course. Bring a picnic lunch and your own drinks.
Use QR-code automated timing or self-time and manually record your result.
Please take note of your start time. Cell service in the park may be spotty, requiring you to report your time.
Note: The controls will be taken down sometime after 3 PM on Sunday, Nov. 27.
- Please be respectful of other park users.
- Report any missing controls/QR codes or any other issues to the event director.
- Dogs must be leashed.
- Please scan the FINISH QR code (even if you didn’t find them all or just decided to stop) so we know you are off the course.
Get Course Maps
Time Your Run
- Time yourself (no splits will be captured).
- Use your smartphone to scan a code at each control (requires data connection; may require an app that reads QR codes).
Record Your Time
- Self-timed runners: Record your time for the final results.
- QR-code runners: Your time and splits were automatically recorded by the QRienteering system.
Nickerson Start Park
3488 Main Street
See who's coming to this event from MeetUp.