Saturday, June 15, 2019
Phillips Academy Campus
[see map below]
Parking is behind the Music Building, 165-R Main St..
At intersection of Main St. & School St., turn west on School Street. Then turn left onto first driveway, which leads to parking lot (lat/lon: 42.648453, -71.136314).
Watch for Orienteering directional signs.
Sunday, June 16, 2019
(From I-93 take Exit 3, Ponkapoag Trail.)
Driving around Boston is more challenging than a red course.
Route 93 south cuts through Boston and suburbs. In Boston, Rt. 93 is also known as the Southeast Expressway.
This is the shortest route to the venue but more complicated due to the interchanges along the way. Be careful as you approach Quincy, MA. Stay in the RIGHT lane and continue on Rt. 93 to Exit 3. (If you stay in the left lane you can visit Cape Cod.)
An alternative is to use one of the ring highways. Route 128 south (which is also known as Route 95 south) is best.
From Andover, take Route 93 south to exit 37 and pick up Rt 128 / Rt 95 south. Just to make your driving experience more challenging, the exit numbers change after Exit 13 on Route 128 south. Continue on Route 128 south and signs will soon indicate that you are now driving on Route 93 north. Exits will quickly climb to Exit 3, Ponkapoag Trail. Get in the right lane 1 mile from the exit.
3 Parking options are available
Watch for Orienteering directions signs. [See map below.]
1. The parking lot at the end of Blue Hill River Road is where NEOC will be hosting a Score-O and picnic at the same time as the Trail-O competition. We plan to have the awards ceremony at this site. Bathrooms are available. This is a good option since parking at this site will become scarce as the day progresses.
2. A small parking area is located across from the State Police Office, 685 Hillside Street, Milton, MA. This parking lot is approximately .6km from the Start on Chickatawbut Rd. (42.216346, -71.084072). Watch for the Trail-O Orienteering signs. Follow the right fork onto Hillside Rd and the next right fork onto Chickatawbut Rd. The Start will be just past Hillside Pond on your left. Bathrooms are located near the main parking lot at 821 Hillside Street.
3. Roadside parking close to the Start is also available. Please pull completely onto the shoulder. Bathrooms are located near the parking lot at 821 Hillside Street. Shuttle:
We will provide shuttle cars to and from the parking areas and the Start/Finish.
- Bud will be driving his Volvo wagon. His cell is 978-886-1371.
- Janet will be driving her Volvo SUV. Her cell is 978-886-1370.